Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 78: The Social Network


"A million dollars isn't cool. You know whats cool? A billion dollars!"

Since February of 2004, Facebook has become one of the largest and most populated websites on the internet. Now with 500 million total users, the founder of the site, Marc Zuckerberg, has made his way toward billionaire status. I mean, think about it, when was the last time you went a whole day without checking your Facebook page? Its become a worldwide addiction and people can't get enough of it. With that being said, for those who love Facebook so much, I'm sure they're going to love David Fincher's upcoming movie, “The Social Network,” a real life story about the creation and developing stories around Facebook.

Now, I'll be honest with everyone here. When I first read about this movie a while back, I wasn't very interested in seeing it. In my eyes, a movie about “Facebook” just didn't seem to draw me in. I thought for sure it would be just another “over exaggerated real life story” that failed to provide an impelling film. Well, I was wrong. As the movie began creeping closer and closer towards its release, outstanding reviews started popping up all over the place. It literally had some of the best reviews I had read all year. Based on 62 reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, “The Social Network” received a 97%, one of the highest of 2010. To put that into perspective, there is no other movie in theaters with a higher score, and the only recent movie to put up a better score was “Toy Story 3” with a 99%. Then, the trailer was released, and even though it wasn't the best trailer I have seen recently, it helped my anticipation grow. I truly couldn't wait to see this movie and its release couldn't come fast enough.

Fortunately I was able to see “The Social Network” at an early screening event in my area, and I can't remember in the recent past being more excited to see a movie. The whole day leading up to the showing the only thing on my mind was the film. As the trailer somewhat expresses, the movie portrays the creation of Facebook, along with the joys and trouble it brings along. But it expands much further than that alone. Its a fun, sexy, drama filled ride. The controversies between characters is fascinating to watch develop through the movie. It's every man for himself.

Set for its official release tomorrow, I advise everyone to see this movie. Even if you don't use Facebook, this film goes far beyond just giving us a history lesson on the creation of the site. The roles were perfectly played by everyone. It's not often you can say everyone in the movie did an outstanding job with their character. Jesse Eisenberg played his role as Mark Zuckerberg perfectly. His character was able to develop into your mind right from the start. Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Josh Pence and Armie Hammer also deliver terrific roles.

All I know is, I will definitely be seeing this film again once its in theaters. I cant wait to relive the whole experience all over. Tomorrow can get here quicker. But don't worry, I'll get a seat in what will be a packed theater tomorrow, seeing as how I already purchased my tickets. I advise you to do the same. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment