Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 58: One Hour Photo



"The things you're most afraid of have already happened."

First thing I would like to point out is that I am a Christopher Nolan fan. Robin Williams, who played Sy in this movie, was in a film by Nolan called "Insomnia". Without going into detail i will just say that both Insomnia and One Hour Photo came out within 1 year of each other and so I would compare them to each other.




One Hour Photo is an excellent film with points of genuine, heart pumping thrills. In comparison to Insomnia, I would like to say that Insomnia is a better film but Williams in this, in both films he played serious roles, is far better and far more suited to this role.The film is about a photo publisher who for some time has been stalking a family, but with all friendly intentions. At first...


After a series of events, Sy (Robin Williams) is fired from his job, thus cutting off his way to the family he is stalking. It should also been known that throughout the film, Sy duplicates their photos he publishes and has an ENTIRE WALL filled with THEIR photos and on Sy's last day he uncovers a scandal, that's all I'll say. You'll just have to watch the film.


As I said, this film is filled with thrills but what fascinated me the most was the idea that Sy is evidently a villain, but you root for him the entire time. With all of his justifications, he makes you believe with him that what he's doing isn't bad. My favorite scene is when Sy invades the families house while they are out. He looks in the master bedroom, the kid's bedroom, uses their toilet and even drinks their beer and watches their TV. But all you're thinking is "Get the hell out of there."

This is a great film with great performances and great direction.
9/10
P.S. This is my first review for this site so please give me some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment