Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 11: "Toy Story 3"



Andy: "The thing that makes Woody special is he'll never give up on you...ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what."


I couldn’t help myself but do a review for one of my favourite movies of all time, the UK drew the short straw and where one of the last country’s to show the movie but it was definitely worth the wait. The fact I haven’t seen a bad review for this movie yet shows how good this movie really is. I had been waiting over a decade to see a 3rd toy story.



Did it bother me that half of the audience in my screen where children? Not by a long shot. I grew up watching toy story and have loved the franchise ever since I seen the 1st movie when I was 8, so I was prepared to choke slam every kid in the queue to get the best seats and make my experience the best. I feel like I have grown up with the Andy character as he is a similar age to me and has gone through the same stages as I have. It was the only movie I can think of that had 4 year olds and 34 year olds glued to the screen, it really is a movie for everyone.

I won’t spoil the movie for anyone and wont give too much away, but this really is a must watch film. I was doubting weather this movie could match the other two toy story’s but it defiantly matched it and if not bettered it. It had everything, old and new characters, same cast, same phrases and new adventures for the toys. It had me in stitches at times and it was very touching at the end, I’d recommend to bring some tissues.

If just going to see toy story isn’t enough for you then pixar even has a short animation movie before toy story begins which was another great and clever piece of work by Pixar. I didn’t think the 3D brought much to the movie as much as other 3D movies had but it didn’t hurt it.

The plot is that Andy is going to college and needs to decide what he is taking with him, the toys end up in a daycare centre by accident and they need to get back before Andy leaves for college. Along the way they meet new friends and foes and get themselves in another big adventure.
As I said at the start I don’t want to ruin the film for anyone so this review is a short one, but I just had to do a review for one of my faveorite fims of all time.
The only problem I had with this movie is it was too short.

"funny, exciting, heartwarming and touching"

3 comments:

  1. There is a bad review, google Armond White Toy Story 3....

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually two bad reviews.

    but eh, they are just two old men that have to be "Different" for some unknown reason.

    Love toy story.

    ReplyDelete